Equal Write to Read Virtual Run March 2021
About this Event
A virtual run is an event that can be run or walked from any location you choose. We also allow swimming and bike riding all in the name of inclusion! You can run, jog, ride or walk on the road, along bush trails, on the treadmill, at the gym, or on the track. You choose where , the pace and you record your time and distance.
Each registration includes a medal at the end of the event which will be posted out directly to you. Equal Write to Read runs for the month of March, 2021. If running, walking or swimming, you can choose from 10km, 21km or 42km ,100 km or 1000 km for this event and you can break up the total distance in any way that suits you. You need to complete your chosen distance during the month.
This year, by request, we have added bike riding – the distances are different .Bike riders can choose 21km, 42km, 100km or 1000km .
Terms and conditions and FAQ are listed below
Want merchandise ? We are selling Code Read caps at checkout and these will be posted to you soon after checkout or have a look at our merchandise shop options for a great range of other items including singlets and Tshirts –
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is a Virtual Run?
A virtual run is an event that can be run or walked from any location you choose. You can run, jog, swim , ride or walk . You choose where you run, the pace you run, and you record your time and distance. Each registration includes a medal at the end of the event which will be posted out directly to you. The chosen distance needs to be completed within the timeframe allocated by Code Read Dyslexia Network. Equal Write to Read runs for the month of March 2021. You can choose from a range of distances for this event and you can break up the total distance in any way that suits you.
How do I register?
To register for Equal Write to Read, click on the race link to get all the details, including the distances you can choose from. Once you have registered, we would love you to like and follow our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/Equal-Write-to-Read-Virtual-Run-102823585034125 & follow Code Read Dyslexia Network Instagram page to get ready for your challenge. Once you have completed your chosen distance please share your results on the Facebook page as this helps to motivate others who might be struggling to complete the event. Share photos of you and your friends, family or colleagues participating. Don’t forget to add #EqualWriteToRead #CodeReadDyslexiaNetwork #CodeRead to your posts.
Do I have to complete my distance in one go?
No. The best part about participating in virtual exercise events is that you can complete the pledged distance however you like during a set timeframe. Equal Write to Read goes from the 1st – 31st March 2021. This means that you have an entire month to complete your kms. You can split up the distance or you can do the total km in one session. Daily steps do NOT count towards the total. Keep an eye out in the Facebook event group for organized group runs in some locations.
What is the best method to record my distance?
There are several apps like Strava that you can use to track your run activity, or you can use your watch if it has GPS. Daily step counts do NOT contribute to your activity total.
Do I have to provide my results to get my medal?
Equal Write to Read is being run on an honour system. You will receive your medal whether or not you post your results. Code Read Dyslexia Network would love you to share your event results and any photos you take during the virtual run on Social Media. The more posts and photos that you share, the more awareness about dyslexia we can raise together. We also want you to feel proud of your achievement and we love to see people achieve their goal. Let us cheer you on! Please use the hashtags #EqualWriteToRead #CodeReadDyslexiaNetwork #CodeRead
When will I receive my Equal Write to Read finishers medal?
At the end of the event timeframe, the medals will arrive from our supplier and they will be posted out as soon as possible. Be aware that shipping delays are a possibility but we will send them to the address you registered as soon as we can .
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entrants take part in Equal Write to Read virtual events entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to run , walk, swim, or ride.
2. Equal Write to Read and Code Read Dyslexia Network accept no responsibility for any accidents or injuries sustained whilst taking part in this virtual event. Please follow all relevant public health directives.
3. Children are welcome to take part in Equal Write to Read however they should always be accompanied and closely supervised by a responsible adult.
4. Equal Write to Read is not a competitive event and as such, there will be no winner of each event.
5. Entrants acknowledge that the entry fee is non-refundable.
6. Participation in this event is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. The promoters of this event are Code Read Dyslexia Network Australia (the ‘Promoters’ herein called Code Read). PO Box 493, Curtin ACT 2605. Code Read Dyslexia Network Australia is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission ABN 69 621 888 122 2.
7. Entry is open to participants within Australia only. If overseas people do register, we are unable to send medals overseas.
8. The event commences on the 1st of March and runs until the 31st of March 2021. Your chosen distance needs to be completed during the month of March. Any personal information collected on the entry form can be used by Code Read for marketing purposes. Entrants have the option to unsubscribe from any electronic information. Code Read and participating businesses will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever or personal injury suffered or sustained, in connection with the virtual running event.
9. Entrants acknowledge they will participate and complete their nominated kilometres in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk. Entrants declare that they are physically fit and capable of participating in this event and completing the kilometres which they have nominated. They are not aware of any medical condition or impairment which may prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
10. All entries images, videos or written text become the property of Code Read and may be used on social media, web site or in another public manner.
1. To enter, users must complete the requested details through the official Entry Portal at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/equal-write-to-read-virtual-run-code-read-dyslexia-n etwork- registration-130332476947
2. Entries are limited to one entry per person.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrants for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
4. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
For entrants 18 years and over:
By completing and submitting the online entry form, you will certify that you have read and accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event.
For entrants under 18 years:
By completing and submitting the online entry form, you will certify that you are the parent/guardian of this entrant who is under 18 years and that you give consent for them to participate in this event, and that you accept the terms and conditions for participation in this event on behalf of the entrant and declare them as capable of completing the distance they have nominated.