October Awareness Month
Get Onboard for Dyslexia’s Red Paper Plane Challenge during October Awareness Month
Back by Popular Demand!
The ‘Get Onboard for Dyslexia’ Campaign will run again throughout the month of October 2022.
We want to encourage those impacted by dyslexia to soar. We encourage them to do more than simply fly, but to soar, rise swiftly and feel the wind slipping below them as they rise higher and higher!
Our Campaign aims to promote a new type of aeroplane, one that provides everything a dyslexic needs to navigate their world successfully: acknowledgement, support and empowerment. Get Onboard and soar to a better future where all people with dyslexia are acknowledged through early identification; supported with evidence based teaching and accommodations, and empowered by equal access to opportunity.
We are asking all schools to Get Onboard for Dyslexia awareness and be as creative as possible with their interpretation of the campaign.
Want to know more about the plans for 2022’s Ocotber Awareness Month? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Red Paper Plane Challenge Day is an opportunity to put everyone on a level playing field. The day allows students to make connections, by designing, building and modifying paper planes. This fun activity will facilitate engagement, critical thinking and creativity for all children, enabling inclusive participation, whilst creating awareness about dyslexia.
- There is no limit to the creativity of the project. It could be about whose plane flies the farthest, whose plane can carry cargo, whose plane stays in the air longest, the plane with the broadest wings, most streamlined or creative ways to keep your plane inflight longest.
- Set class or school challenges! Fly planes a certain distance or aim to keep planes in the air for a set period of time.
- A science challenge within your class could look at various plane designs, evaluate and test them according to their design, learn about flight and aeronautical principals.
- Set your school the challenge of most creative design incorporating these three elements – the colour red, paper and planes.
- Tailor the event to your schools size and facilities, fly them inside classrooms and then take them outside to see the effect of the elements.
- Have a whole school competition – with class champions, stage champions or whole school champions.
Start planning your October Dyslexia Awareness Event now!
Code Read Dyslexia Network are proud to introduce our Presenting Sponsor Budget Direct
Campaign, Get Involved, Awareness
Light it Red for Dyslexia October 2022